Followers

Friends

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

1st grade weekly news 1-26-15

Good morning!  I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend!  Below are some updates for this week...

Parent/Teacher conferences- they are coming up on Feb. 11th and 12th.  I sent home conference notes last week with scheduled dates and times.  I based these days and times off of what we had for our previous conference in October.  If that time doesn't work for you, please let me know ASAP so we can get another date and time figured out.  Also...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE return the conference sheet back in to me whether we are having a conference or not.  We have to turn all of them into the office.  I will be sending home reminder slips on our date and time next week.

Weekly Spelling- The phonics sheet that I am sending home every week now with the homework will help your child prepare for the test on Friday.  The words practiced go a long with our skill that week.

Toys- Some are being brought to school, and I am having to take them away.  Things like Lego's, or tablets, are causing some problems, and I have told the kids they are not allowed.  If you could help me keep an eye out that would be great!

Valentines Party- our class party will be on Feb. 12th.  It is a half day of school.  The party will start at 10:15 and end around 11:00.  The kids will be dismissed at 11:30.  The Room Parents are getting everything ready and put together, so everything is covered.  If you would like to join us for the party that is great, all are welcome.  If you want to take your child home with you that day after the party, please let the office know, and there will be a sign-out sheet in my room.

2nd grade- I have started using the statement "you guys are almost second graders now" a lot in the room just to reinforce responsibility and behavior.  If you could help encourage those things at home as well that would be great!  

That is all I have for this week.  If you have any questions or concerns please call or email me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment