Followers

Friends

Monday, October 28, 2013

First grade weekly news 10-28-13



Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Thank you to everyone for attending conferences…I really enjoyed talking with each of you about your kiddo J. 

Homework for this week is a little different…but fun!  I made it simple because I know this is a busy week for everyone, but also included a fun activity for the kids!  Please make sure you read the instructions.  The homework is due Friday.

The Halloween Parade starts at 2:10 (just found that out today) in the gym, and the party will follow after around 2:30.  All parents are welcome to come and enjoy the party with us :).  If you plan on taking your child home with you on Thursday after the party, I will have a sign-out sheet that I will need you to sign along with letting the office know.

Graded work comes home at least 3 times a week with your child so PLEASE make sure you are taking a peek at your child’s work.  If I graded it, it will have some type of ink markings.  If it doesn’t then it means that it is something we did together in class and the kids put a star or smiley face on it themselves for finishing.  Looking at their work, will give you a good idea of how they are doing. 

Conferences- thank you for coming I really appreciate it!  I am so lucky to have the group of parents and kids that I have this year!

P.S. our class collected a lot of Box Tops and we placed 6th out of the whole school so we won the popcorn party!  We will be celebrating during the day on November 4th.  Isaac Cook from our class brought in the most so he will be getting the individual ice cream treat I promised :).  Thanks to everyone for sending those in!  You helped our school raise money!

That is all I have for now.  If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.  Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment