Followers

Friends

Monday, September 22, 2014

1st Grade weekly News 9-22-14

Hi!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Below is some important information for this week.

Homework- this week's homework is special, because it involves family time!  Right now we are learning about community in Social Studies, so I have given the kids a fun family project to do at home this week and over the weekend.  The instructions and guidelines are attached to their weekly homework sheet.  We will start sharing their projects next week.  I can't wait to see what they come up with!

Take Home Folders and Kiwi Bags- Please make sure you are checking both nightly.  I have noticed that some folders are full and need to be emptied out.  Also, if you take something out of the kiwi bag to work on at home, please make sure you put it back in because I like to use it during reading groups.

Pictures- I will be adding pictures for your enjoyment to the blog!  So far, I have taken first day of school pictures and birthday pictures.  I will add those as soon as I can.  I will also add pictures from our different classroom parties once I take those!

Handwriting- I have noticed that some kiddos are still struggling with capital and lowercase letters.  Please help me practice with them at home, because we are working hard at school too.  On spelling tests, we keep all letters lowercase, except for the sentence.  Please encourage neat handwriting as well.

Conferences- They are coming up next month.  If you have not signed up for a time yet, I will be contacting you ASAP to get that worked out.  If you do have a time, I will be sending home reminders soon as well.  I will also be emailing or calling each and every parent this week to give you a little heads up on what we will be discussing at our conference.

If you have any questions or concerns please call or email me!  Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment